How Do I Play Baloot?
The cards are dealt counter-clockwise starting from the player on the right side of the Dealer to the player on his Left. Each player receives a pack of three cards, then two cards. After the four players receive the first five cards, the remaining cards are left face down except for the card on the top, which is turned face up, and it’s called the bidding card.
As soon as a player takes the bidding card the rest of the cards are dealt:
- 2 cards for the player who took the bidding cards
- 3 cards for the remaining players
You get the chance to choose between Sunn and Hokom, depending on which one supports your cards, which one supports your card. You decide your bidding on the public card that is shown to the players. The bidding is made in two rounds. If everybody passed on the first round and the second round starts.
The player can propose Sunn or Hokom whether on the first or second round. If none of the players took the bidding cards in both rounds, the cards are reshuffled and a new round begins. The player on the right of the dealer becomes the dealer.
To score points for the game, the team of the player who accepted the bidding card must score more than the other team. In Sunn they should score more than 65 points or more, otherwise, the other team gets 26 points in the score. In case of Hokom the team who called the bidding card should score more than 81 points or more, otherwise the other team will get 16 points in the score.
* In Hokom the player who holds the trump Queen and King can call Belot, as the first of these cards is laid, the player calls “Belot”
Note: Seven and Eights always give 0 points, no matter the suit
The points from the tricks are totalled up for both teams. An additional 10 points are awarded for the last trick, if all of the tricks are won by the same team (Capot), they get the full score If the other team wins, the team receives all of the trick points.
If this is the case, the losing team no points In order, the bid to be successful the team must win more points than the opponent.
The team who reaches 152 points wins.
Projects or declarations are free extra points one of the two teams can earn during a Round. Projects (except for Baloot) are always declared in the first turn and shown in the second turn There are several types of bonuses in Baloot.
The card order for sequence is: 7,8,9,10,J,Q,K,A
If the same card is part of a square and a sequence (tierce, quarte, quint) the player chooses which to announce.
If both teams announce sequences, premiums are given only to the team that announced the higher sequence. If both sequences are of equal length, higher is considered the one that contains higher ranked cards.
If you try to cheat during a game (such as the deliberate loss of a match or using multiple false accounts in order to increase your chances of winning), you will be facing consequences because you’re ruining the game for others. The penalties are as follows:
- First time penalty is a 3-day account suspension, and the deduction of chips from the compromised game.
- Second time penalty is a 7-day account suspension, and the deduction of chips from the compromised game.
- Third time penalty is a 30-day account suspension, and the deduction of chips from the compromised game.
- Fourth time penalty is a 2-month account suspension, and resetting chips balance.
- Fifth time penalty will lead to an indefinite account suspension.
- Gifting, selling, and trading accounts will lead to their indefinite suspension from the game.
- Exploiting purchases and engaging in fraud (like chip transfers) will lead to the indefinite suspension of the account. The primary account will also be subject to suspension.
- Impersonating any player by using his/her name and photos will lead to the indefinite suspension of the account. The primary account will also be subject to suspension.
- Uploading offensive or indecent photos or having an inappropriate name will get you a warning. Doing it again will lead to an indefinite suspension.
Being aggressive towards others will affect your engagement with the game and its users. We kindly ask you to treat others with respect. Follows are some abusive behaviors:
- Hate Speech & Racism
- Obscene Comments or Sexual Content
- Threatening & Badgering
- Cursing or Insulting Others
- Bullying & Verbal Harassment
Please do not hesitate to report any messages that break the rules by tapping the ‘report’ button in chat. The reports will be reviews by our admins and the appropriate penalty will be applied. The penalties are as follows:
First time penalty is a 3-day mute of the account where you can’t participate in chat.
Second time penalty is a 7-day mute of the account where you can’t participate in chat.
Third time penalty is a 14-day mute of the account where you can’t participate in chat.
Fourth time penalty is a 30-day mute of the account where you can’t participate in chat.
Fifth time penalty is a 2-month mute of the account where you can’t participate in chat.
Sixth time penalty is an indefinite mute of the account where you can’t participate in chat ever again.
We do not accept any mediation by another player in relation to the penalties where each account is responsible for itself. You can contact us to know the reasons for the penalties through the help section in the game or through the following email firstname.lastname@example.org.